Public Sewer Build Over Agreement

All sewer companies have legal rights for access to public sewers located on private land. These include sewers located under or near a property. Once building permits have been issued, sewerage companies will generally attempt to seize the sewers without disrupting the land. If this is unavoidable, they will repair all the damage done in reason. This will be defined in the terms of the implementation of agreements. However, if sewers have been built without authorization, sewerage companies have the right to access and protect by any means they deem appropriate. This may include the requirement that buildings that obstruct or block access to a public channel be modified or removed at the homeowner`s expense. In reality, companies have machines that generally allow them to access a damaged pipe from another point unimpeded and avoid damage wherever possible, but a risk remains. During the construction of any construction, you must ensure that there are no public sewers in the area of the planned work.

If the proposed construction requires not to fit into our criteria or if the inspector has doubts about the proposals, they will cause us to degenerate so that we can speak directly to the developer to give advice and agree on the next steps. FAO The Sewer Build Over Team, Developer Services, Wessex Water, Claverton Down, Bath, BA2 7WW It depends on the size of your channel. If your channel diameter does not exceed 160 mm, the application costs 299 USD (probably national property). If your channel diameter is higher (which is unlikely for a residential project), you expect a slightly higher cost. Each building control agency working under our “protocol” returns all cases where we need a more in-depth construction contract. In certain circumstances, we may issue a retroactive construction agreement if the work has already been done above or near a public sewer. This is only exceptionally the reason. To find out if you are eligible for a self-circified agreement, complete the questionnaire on the Thames Water Build Over website (link above) … Or ask us! If you are planning any type of development, building something new or expanding an existing building, you should check to see if there is anything underground that can be affected, i.e.

water or sewer lines. Our real estate research team can provide maps showing the location of our assets. Your contact information A cross-cutting basic plan (which can be made available by us or your statistician) A drawing of the pipeline sites in relation to your existing land and your proposed work. A copy of the drawings you submitted for your approval as a building code. Find out why we need to know that you are planning a construction above or near a sewer Inspector will also tell us where the sewer/sewer is, as we sometimes do not have details on the pipes on our mapping systems.

About the Author